Korbit is looking for an extremely motivated, full-time, back-end Python developer to help us build the future of online education: conversational intelligent tutors which use machine learning to teach students through interactive exercises and personalized feedback. Korbit was founded by ambitious Ph.D. researchers from the Mila Research Lab and Cambridge University and is backed by leading investors and world-renowned scientists (including Silicon Valley pioneer Vinod Khosla and AI pioneer Yoshua Bengio).
The Korbit learning platform has taught over 10,000 students and professionals to date and has demonstrated substantial gains in learning outcomes and motivation. Korbit has been recognized among the top Canadian Tech Startups and by newspapers such as Bloomberg and Les Affaires. Korbit won both the 2020 EnlightEd Award and the C2 2020 Emerging Entrepreneurs Contest.
Your responsibilities will be centered around the development of the online learning platform, where you will have to solve a range of complex problems related to algorithms, data structures, databases and devops. We are growing fast and are very ambitious. We expect you to be extremely motivated, hard-working, fast learning, and thinking out of the box.
Your main tasks will primarily involve a focus on the development of back-end modules and devops (including APIs and microservices), development of web applications, and the integration between back-end and front-end systems.
– Proficiency in Python, Docker and microservices architecture
– Good knowledge of CI/CD and related tools
– Good teammate that is able to work in pairs when needed
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science (or a related field)
– Experience working with cloud computing (e.g. AWS, GCP) and devops
– Able to communicate fluently with the team in English
– Hold a valid work permit for working in Canada
Other Useful Assets:
– Experience with Python web frameworks (e.g., Flask/Django)
– Experience working with Agile methodologies (e.g. scrum, kanban)
– Knowledge of data structures, object-oriented design and design patterns
What we offer:
– An opportunity to make a difference to millions of learners around the world
– An opportunity to help build the future of education and write history
– An opportunity to learn new skills and advance your career
– A chance to work alongside world-renowned researchers
– A highly dynamic and passionate team
If you are interested, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.