Open Position: Lead Back-End Engineer for Machine Learning Education Startup
We are looking for an extremely motivated and experienced full-time back-end engineer to help us build the future of online education: intelligent tutors which use machine learning to teach students through interactive conversations and problem-solving exercises. Founded by ambitious PhD researchers from the Mila Research Lab and Cambridge University and backed by major US and Canadian venture capitalists, our learning platform powered by machine learning (www.korbit.ai) has taught thousands of students to date and has demonstrated significant gains in student motivation and learning outcomes.
You will be responsible for the development of the online learning platform, where you will have to solve an entangled web of complex problems. We are growing fast and we are very ambitious. Therefore, we expect you to be extremely motivated, hard-working, entrepreneurial and fast learning.
Your main tasks will be the development and deployment of web applications, database management systems, data collection and their integration with machine learning models and algorithms. These tasks will primarily involve back-end systems, but will also include some integration and coordination with the front-end interface and content repositories. From time to time, you will also be asked to assist with related tasks, such as developing design mockups and running machine learning models.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Experience with back-end web development and server deployment
- Proficiency in Python and Python web frameworks, such as Flask and Django (+1 year experience)
- Fluency in English
Other Useful Assets:
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. Google Cloud)
- Experience with microservices (e.g. Docker, Nameko/Celery)
- Experience with database management systems (e.g. MongoDB)
- Familiarity with educational products and learning management platforms
- Experience with machine learning and related frameworks (e.g. Theano, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
What we offer:
- An opportunity to make a difference to millions of students around the world
- An opportunity to help build the future of education and write history
- A highly dynamic, young and passionate team
- A chance to learn and grow, with possibility of quick promotion based on performance
- A competitive salary and participation in the company’s Employee Stock Option Plan
If you are interested, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.