Open Position: Machine Learning Engineer for EdTech Startup
We are looking for an extremely motivated full-time machine learning engineer to help us build the future of online education: intelligent tutors which use machine learning to teach students through interactive conversations and problem-solving exercises. Founded by ambitious PhD researchers from the Mila Research Lab and Cambridge University and backed by major US and Canadian venture capitalists, our learning platform powered by machine learning (www.korbit.ai) has taught thousands of students to date and has demonstrated significant gains in student motivation and learning outcomes.
You will be working alongside world-renowned researchers in order to solve a plethora of difficult machine learning problems. You will have to think outside the box and use all means necessary to reach the best possible solution. We are growing fast and we are very ambitious. Therefore, we expect you to be extremely motivated, hard-working, entrepreneurial and fast learning.
Your main tasks will focus on the development and deployment of machine learning models, including defining the relevant problems, collecting datasets, designing models and algorithms, training models and running experiments. From time to time, you will also have to assist with related tasks, such as developing user stories and design mock-ups related to the machine learning models and writing up scientific articles for publication.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science (or a related field)
– Experience with machine learning and related frameworks (e.g. Theano, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
– Proficiency in Python – Fluency in English
Other Useful Assets:
– Experience with cloud computing (e.g. Google Cloud)
– Experience with database management systems (e.g. MongoDB)
What we offer:
– An opportunity to make a difference to millions of students around the world
– An opportunity to help build the future of education and write history
– A chance to learn new skills working alongside world-renowned researchers
– A chance to experience the development of a machine learning system end-to-end – An opportunity to build a publication track record
– A competitive salary and participation in the company’s Employee Stock Option Plan, with the possibility of quick promotion based on performance
Exceptional candidates in their final semester of studies may be able to start on a part-time basis and transition into the full-time position while finishing their studies.
If you are interested, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.